How to Get Clear Skin Naturally
Tips from Mielle Organics on getting and maintaining Clear Skin!
Are you looking for glowing skin and a skincare routine to address an acne-prone skin type? Achieving clear skin doesn't have to involve expensive products or harsh chemicals. The first thing to know is the path to achieving clear skin is not the same for everyone. The good news is, there are many underrated tricks and techniques you can try to help improve your skin. If you’re searching for skincare for Black women or the best skincare product for Black skin, you’re not alone. Read on for our expert tips to get clear skin naturally!
Avoid Touching Your Face
Looking for an easy way to help get rid of your pimple and help promote clearer skin?Touching your face can be a hard habit to break, but try to be more aware of your hands and keep them away from your skin. If you know you touch your face a lot, wash your hands frequently to prevent breakouts.Avoiding your face will improve sensitive skin, oily skin, dry skin, and acne-prone skin alike!
Clean Your Phone
Your phone carries more bacteria than you may think, so be mindful of how long you hold your phone to your face. If you can, try talking on speakerphone. Frequently sanitize your phone with disinfectant wipes.
Wash Your Pillowcases Often
Everything that can be found on your face during the day transfers to your pillows overnight. For this reason, it's important to wash your pillowcase at least every two weeks to avoid an accumulation of dirt, germs, dead skin cells, and oils. Try sleeping on your back to avoid friction between your face and pillow to prevent wrinkles. Who knew that your pillowcase would be the secret to spotless skin!
Manage Your Stress
Stress is a very common issue that can affect your hormones, which in turn leads to skin issues such as acne. Try meditation, yoga, or deep breathing exercises to eliminate stress at no cost. This is good for your mental health and glowing skin!
Are you having a skin problem or two? What we put in our bodies has an impact on the appearance of our skin and overall health. Eating a well-balanced diet is key in preventing acne and wrinkles. To keep your hormones balanced, try incorporating these foods into your diet:
- Avocados are a good source of Vitamin E to protect your skin and help retain moisture.
- Almondsprevent dry skin– try eating one serving size a day.
- Broccoliis one of the many dark leafy greens that help maintain collagen.
- Sweet Potatoesare high in beta carotene, which protects your skin from sun damage.
- Orangesare high in Vitamin C to help fight fine lines and wrinkles.
- Lemonshave great antioxidants to help lighten dark spots.
- Salmoncontains omega-3 fatty acids that reduce inflammation.
- Dark Chocolate can bring hydration and help your skin withstand UV exposure.
Get your heart rate up by hitting the gym or trying an at-home workout to improve blood circulation. Having an exercise routine promotes cell turnover, helpful for preventing wrinkles and giving you that post-workout glow! Make sure you wash your face soon after exercising and sweating to prevent clogged pores. And don’t forget that sunscreen if you're doing an outdoor workout.
Get Quality Sleep
During sleep, your skin’s blood flow increases, rebuilds, and repairs damage. Sleep improves collagen growth and prevents wrinkles. There's a difference between sleeping and getting rest. Skin inflammation is higher in those who don't get enough sleep and can lead to acne and eczema. Ensure you get at least 7 hours of sleep to get the benefits of sleep for your skin.
Take Makeup Breaks
Giving your skin a break from makeup every so often can decrease clogged pores and acne. I’m sure this step is a bit easier in quarantine since there aren’t too many places to go. Going makeup-free prevents exposure to bacteria from application brushes and makeup palettes. If you were blessed with makeup skills or stay with a made-up face, then be sure to clean your makeup brushes regularly. Additional benefits to taking a break from makeup include:
- Fuller lashes
- Less fine lines and wrinkles
- Decreased inflammation
- Oil production balance
In addition to changing your lifestyle and diet to improve your skin, there are some at-home remedies and tricks to help you get clear skin naturally. You can try things like DIY face masks and adding supplements into your routine at an attainable cost!
Facial treatments at the spa can be super expensive, and some face masks can also be super harsh. If you’re looking to get a glow on a budget, we recommend Mielle’s Pomegranate & Honey Hydrating Face Mask. This mask gently cleanses pores and is induced with honey, pomegranate extract, chamomile flower extract, and charcoal powder. You can also find some ingredients in your kitchen to create a DIY glow.
Here are 3 easy recipes to try out! Mix these ingredients until they reach a smooth consistency. Apply them using your finger or a cleaned foundation brush. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes, and rinse with warm water.
A balanced diet or expensive products may not always solve your breakouts. Vitamins are a relatively less expensive option to increase overall health and skin by providing ingredients you may not regularly eat. We recommend Mielle’s Advanced Healthy Hair Vitamins for adults. This supplement has zinc, riboflavin, Vitamin B1, B2, B3, C, and E and supports healthy skin and a strong immune system. Here are some other supplements that will leave you glowing:
- Maca Root stabilizes hormones to prevent breakouts that may come with your monthly cycle.
- Evening primrose oil has anti-inflammatory properties to strengthen your skin.
- Ashwagandha contains antioxidants to fight inflammation and help manage stress and anxiety.
- Omega-3, also found in fatty fishes, like salmon, can be taken to provide hydration.
- Chlorella is rich in magnesium to help reduce stress and inflammation.
Tea Tree Oil
You don't always need to put a dent in your pocket at the dermatologist, getting a prescription for acne spot treatments. Those creams are also prone to dry out and irritate the skin. Skip the frustration and try tea tree oil, also known as melaleuca oil, that comes from the leaves of a tree native to Australia. Tea tree oil helps fight bacteria and inflammation without dryness.
The Journey to Clear Skin
Getting clear skin does not have to come at a huge cost! You don’t have to try everything on this list, but just a few changes in your lifestyle and daily routine can increase your skin’s health and appearance. With the help of a few of these tips and Mielle’s very own natural skincare products, combined with your natural beauty, you are about to be glowing, sis!
- 10 Home Remedies for Oily Skin https://www.healthline.com/health/home-remedies-for-oily-skin#preventing-oily-skin
- 6 Ways to Maximize Your Beauty Sleep for #WokeUpLikeThis Skin https://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/beauty-sleep
- 11 Reasons to Add Vitamin C Serum to Your Skin Care Routine https://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/vitamin-c-serum-benefits#hyperpigmentation
- The influence of selected ingredients of dietary supplements on skin conditionhttps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4112259/
- Ashwagandha: Health benefits, side effects, and how to use https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/318407
- What are the best ways to get rid of large pores? https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320775
- How to use tea tree oil for skin https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/326376
- 8 natural ways to tighten saggy skin https://tribune.com.pk/story/938605/8-natural-ways-to-tighten-saggy-skin